LABORATORY TEST CODE
Submit separate specimens for RealPCR and Culture. Two vaginal swabs (with visible organic material on swab; please rub firmly) in the same WTT (plain plastic tube) and fresh placental tissue (if available) in a second WTT (plain plastic tube); keep refrigerated. Collect specimens prior to antibiotic administration.
STORAGE AND STABILITY
TEST COMPONENTS: REFERRED
- Chlamydophila Felis (C. felis)
- Feline Coronavirus (FeCoV)
- Feline Herpesvirus Type 1 (FHV-1)
- Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV)
- Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV)
- Feline Panleukopenia Virus (FPV)
- Leptospira Spp.
- Toxoplasma Gondii
TEST COMPONENTS: MICROBIOLOGY
It is preferred to have fresh placental tissue for testing, but the panel can be run solely on the vaginal swabs with the understanding that the levels of infection may not be as pronounced as inside the placenta.